Negotiate to Win: The 21 Rules for Successful Negotiating (Hardcover)
Discover the Power
Of Better Negotiating
Negotiation is one skill everyone needs in order to get more of what they want -- to sell more, to keep costs down, to manage better, to strengthen relationships -- to win! Thomas shows you exactly how the best negotiators reach long-lasting positive solutions that build profits, performance, and relationships.
This indispensable guide covers all you'll ever need to know about negotiating, including:
- The 21 rules of successful negotiating -- and how to defend against them!
- "Quickies" -- specific tips on how to successfully negotiate with bosses, children, car dealers, contractors, auto mechanics, and many others
- Why Americans are among the worst negotiators on Earth
- How to overcome your natural reluctance to bargain
- Why win-win negotiating is so vital
- How to thoroughly prepare for your negotiations
- How to deal with counterparts who intimidate or harass you
- How to negotiate ethically -- and deal with those who don't
- How to negotiate more successfully across cultural lines
- Thomas's Truisms -- 50 memorable negotiating maxims
- The psychology of negotiating, historical illustrations, day-to-day applications, and much, much more!
About the Author
Jim Thomas is owner and director emeritus of Common Ground Seminars. He is a graduate of UCLA and the Georgetown University Law Center, and served as a U.S. Air Force helicopter rescue pilot in Vietnam, receiving the distinguished Flying Cross. Jim has two teenage children and lives in Alexandria, Virginia.
Praise for Negotiate to Win: The 21 Rules for Successful Negotiating…
“The only negotiating book you’ll ever need. It’s required reading for anyone who wants the edge in negotiating.”
-June Blocklin, Vice Chairman, Young & Rubicam
“Jim Thomas offers keenly practical guidance on how folks like you and me can become successful negotiators.”
-Mike Matz, Executive Director, Campaign for America's Wilderness